1. What is the process?
- 1. Food Grade Whitening Gel is applied to upper and lower teeth. 2. Apply the special activating light for 20 minutes. 3. Teeth are whitened 2-5 shades in a matter of minutes
2. How white will my teeth get?
- After whitening, teeth shades brighten an average of 5-14 shades on the Teeth Shade Guide. Individual results will depend on how discolored the teeth were originally, the end result will be brighter and shinier teeth. **Everyone's teeth are different and all have their natural stopping point.**
3. How long will the whitening last?
- This varies from person to person and depends on diet and lifestyle, but the effects usually last 1-3 years with proper maintenance. If you consume coffee, dark soda, red wine, blueberries, tea, tobacco products or other staining food/drinks you can expect to whiten more often.
4. Are there special instructions for BEFORE & AFTER I whiten my teeth?
- No brushing/flossing 4-6 hours before appointment. Water ONLY for 2 hours after. You will be on a "white" food/drink diet for 24 hours after whitening. Avoid dark foods such as coffee, tea, red wine, blueberries, curries, marinara sauce, dark sodas or any other dark pigmented food or drink. Anything that can stain your Tupperware will likely stain your teeth! AVOID DARK FOOD OR DRINK FOR 24 HOURS.
5. Is teeth whitening safe?
- The Davinci Teeth Whitening System that Bright Now Smiles uses is made in the USA and is FDA compliant. The whitening gel we use does not change or damage the structure of the teeth. it simply lifts and removes the stains, making your teeth brighter.
6. What is the difference between Bright Now Smiles teeth whitening and teeth whitening performed in the dental office?
- The Davinci Teeth Whitening System uses the same technology used at dental offices throughout the US. I have researched whitening companies in both the US and abroad. I have researched their methods, ingredients, testimonials, customer service and client comfort . I have chosen this particular whitening gel because I feel confident in all of the above. There are cheaper options out of China. But I don't trust their testimonials, ingredients or product stability.
7. Does it hurt?
- Most clients experience little to no sensitivity during or after the session. Any sensitivity is usually gone within 24 hours.
8. Will the whitening work on crowns, fillings, veneers & bridges (composite materials)?
- Teeth whitening will remove staining from materials but will NOT whiten the material beyond the original color of the material that was used.
9. Whose teeth won't you whiten?
- I will not whiten the teeth of those getting married 5-7 days from their wedding. If there is sensitivity, I want it to be gone before your big day and all the events leading up to your wedding. This also applies to High School or College graduates. I will also not whiten the teeth of children under the age of 14. The anatomy of the teeth of those younger than 14 is different than adults. Because of this anatomy, children are at a greater risk of sensitivity after whitening. This treatment is also not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, individuals with periodontal disease, decayed teeth, or open mouth sores.
- Everyone is different, but offering this treatment four times a year should not pose any problems, as our gel is gentle on healthy gums and dental work. It's recommended to always consult your dentist before doing any type of teeth whitening.
- Teeth are susceptible to getting darker or lighter in the first 24 hours immediately following a treatment. This is when the teeth are rehydrating and the Ph balance is returning to normal. This is also the time in which the tubules are able to take in a substance that will whiten them (i.e. Our whitening pen). For this reason we ask our clients to start using the whitening pen the night of the procedure.